Music Banter - View Single Post - Echoes of Antiquity
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2016, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Apple

band: Apple
album title: an Apple a day ...
band members:
  • Jeff Harrod – Bass
  • Dave Brassington – Drums
  • Robbo Ingram – Guitar
  • Charlie Barber – Piano
  • Dennis Regan – Vocals

personel:
Producer – Caleb Quaye
tracklist:
1. Let's Take a Trip Down the Rhine
2. Doctor Rock
3. The Otherside
4. Mr. Jones
5. The Mayville Line
6. Queen of the Hearts Blues
7. Rock Me Baby
8. Buffalo Billycan
9. Photograph
10. Psycho Daisies
11. Sporting Life
12. Pretty Girl Love You
bonus tracks:
13. Let's Take a Trip Down the Rhine (single mix)
14. Buffalo Billycan (single mix)
15. Doctor Rock (single mix)
16. The Otherside (single mix)

Apple only released on album. They sound somewhere between The Beatles and Tomorrow. Every song has a style of its own. They can play the Blues as good as Savoy Brown as on "Rock Me Baby". They do Sgt Pepper type Psychedelia just throw in some blistering lead guitar somewhere that lies on a line between Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton and triangulate it with Steve Howe. And back it with a tight Rhythm section.

The most interesting song to me is "The Otherside" which seems like an anachronism. If I didn't know better I would guess the song was from the late 70s — if I heard the song not know when it was released. Being that it's a introspective and melancholy tune that would fit well along side songs released by bands e.g. The Motors or The Boomtown Rats during the late 70s.

[continued later ... ]

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote