Music Banter - View Single Post - The most intimidated you've ever been?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mister Mushroom
Music Addict

A few months after I started playing guitar I was working on a children's show as a sound guy (can't really be fancy and say 'audio engineer' as I do now, as I didn't really do any engineering) and had a crush on the girl that played Snow White.

One of the guys who was playing Prince Charming brought an acoustic guitar to occupy his time in between the matinee and evening show, and some of the little children in the show dragged everyone out to listen because he let them play his harmonicas and they fancied they were a band.

Eventually he pried out of me that I "play" (I say it in quotations, because again, it was about four-ish months after I started) and handed me the guitar to play. My crush, and a few other people in the "crowd", asked me to play something. I was insanely nervous.

Luckily as soon as I got the guitar I noticed his strings were abhorrently disgusting. They had what appeared to be sweat and skin follicles crystallized into a green gunk. I handed the guitar back to the guy who owned it and quickly sought hand sanitizer.

She, adorably, ended up apologizing for the rest of the break.

Sadly, I haven't seen her since the end of the run.