Music Banter - View Single Post - Goofle's recommendation corner
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 08:08 PM   #106 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

From the soulful vocals to the dance and synth-pop inspired production, Unknown Modern Orchestra's Multi-Love is brimming with 70's influence. The 9 track, third full length studio album released by the group not only serves as a showcase for the band's multitude of inspirations and intriguing stylistic choices, but also as a perfect example of how an album can see a band delve into the past, and bring back elements of music released long before their time while still managing to modernize them.

The core of this album delivers enjoyable, synth based dance tunes that manage to distance themselves from the plethora of other outfits of the same genre thanks to the band's fantastic ability to blend so many different elements together with such ease. The saxophone found in Extreme Wealth and Casual Cruelty as well as the extra soulful vocals featured on the cut The World Is Crowded both prove the group's versatility, while still staying true to the groovy nature of the LP.

I went into this album expecting something similar to Tame Impala's Currents, which in some ways it is. Both albums rely heavily on the use of a synthesizer and drum machine, seeing the groups use guitars and other traditional rock instruments a tad less frequently. But unlike Currents, an album that features Kevin Parker at perhaps his saddest, contemplating life and his existence, Multi-Love is upbeat, fun, and makes for a much more positive experience.

Favorite Tracks: Multi-Love, Like Acid Rain, Ur Life One Night, The World Is Crowded

Rating: 4.5/5

Thanks for the rec Goofle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote