Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 03:39 AM   #12215 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

CONAN - REVENGEANCE (2016)
"Caveman battle doom" bands third full length. The drummer and bass player left after the second and were replaced, and whenever you swap out two members of a three piece there is always going to be a question of the impact that will have. Revengeance both remains loyal to the 'Conan sound' while exploring new territory. It's still predominantly sludge and slow as all hell, but with some faster and punchier riffs creeping their way in and even some blast beats Conan are evolving, and with very, very strong material.

SKYLARK SONG - MAY THE HUNTER RETREAT (2015)
Folk duo from Newcastle's debut album. I've been to see them a couple of times and always loved them and the album doesn't disappoint. Folk/Americana with touches of country and blues. Quite beautiful music.

LA RECOLTE - LE DEUXIEME (2015)
While travelling last year in the US I stopped by a guest house in Lafayette, Louisiana that also had gig listings. Outside in the "barn" decked area cajun dance and zydeco bands played on until the night and these guys were alot of fun. Playing traditional cajun songs as well as originals they had everyone up dancing in what must rank as one of the most FUN shows I have ever witnessed. As expected, accordion and fiddle heavy, up-tempo foot-stompers.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote