Music Banter - View Single Post - Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 04:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
Not entirely sure what I thought about that, but I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Will definitely be checking that out soon.
I don't know how much you know about KC, but one of the many awesome things about them is that they changed a lot over the years, while still keeping their essence alive.
In the seventies they were somewhere between weird, but still recognizable prog rock and free, but groovy improvisations, playing around with modern classical and jazz, but also writing some great, more grounded rock songs and ballads.
In the eighties they became essentially a new wave band, while still making incredibly complex, but mostly quite catchy music.
From the nineties onward they cultivated a cold, mathematical, very modern and often electronic sound. They also "frakctured" into several smaller groups at some points, playing mostly improvised music with a heavy d'n'b influence.
I'm just being a rambling fanboy right now and trying to tell you that King Crimson are a huge and varied musical cosmos with many wonders to explore.