Music Banter - View Single Post - TheLhix' Modern Metal Review Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
TheLhix
Music Addict

Location: Under the keys of my keyboard like a troll under a bridge
Default Review: Visigoth - The Revenant King

This album graciously came to my attention through recommendation. A user on the site PM'd me after my Avenged Sevenfold - Hail to The King review. (If you so wish to read: http://www.musicbanter.com/album-rev...hail-king.html) under the speculation that it would appeal to the reasons I enjoyed the aforementioned album, and to help broaden my musical gaze to a more modern metal taste. (Of which I brazenly said to have little for, but wished to expand) and so forth began my hunt for modern metal, going as far as the post for recommendations as a whole under the premise to review. (Shown Here:http://www.musicbanter.com/rock-meta...ml#post1679323) and to which case, is the first venture and review of that encompassed topic. I do say heavily though, that I was not disappointed and will set the tone through saying so. It presented aspects of metal that I have come to love and new formations that I intend to enjoy in the future.

The Album: The primary elephant in the room that I could say is a testament to its beuaty, is how resembling of the styles of viking Metal known to Bathory is resembling in tone quality of the voice and the lyrical content that presents itself as one of the markers for its recommendation to me, given its mythological and historical aspect as well as its harsh poundy mildly thrash-like instrumental and powerful vocal content. The entire album exemplifies as a pumped adrenaline coursing meth-addicting metal collage. The album is not in the slightest slow, and the entire path of it creates an ambient and powerful emotion that would give it the feel of mythology such as deserving as a place in Valhalla. The instrumental and vocals as spoken, course through the air and bring auditory encompassment to the listener in a full and enthralled experience. The small issues with the album pale in comparison to its unprecise master of auditory aesthetic and mood. Issues only shown in the somewhat thinning of the vocals and its scraggly instrumental tone as such in bits like it's riffs in Iron Brotherhood or Vengeance which may serve to add to the appeal of the aesthetic and sound than detract from it. Small potatoes indeed.
Best Tracks:
Iron Brotherhood - Track (5/9) - Ambient masterpiece with scraggly and mushed instrumentals that seems to accidentally summon and create the tone and mood without detracting. Lyrics of historic and damn-near mystical companionship in the form of chant and power.
From The Arcane Mists Of Prophecy -Track (9/9) - Technically inclined, more so than the last and produces a cleaner and crisper instrumental than most of the album.
Honorable Mention:
Vengeance
Worst Tracks: Mammoth Rider - Not a personal fan of the instrumental style, but it is not remotely close to cheesy or terrible. A topaz among rubies and diamonds.

8.5/10
TheLhix is offline   Reply With Quote