Music Banter - View Single Post - Late 80s pop (SAW style) song, high pitched female voice
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
CuriousOne
Groupie

Default Late 80s pop (SAW style) song, high pitched female voice

I've searched using shazam, midomi and all similar ones, no luck.

The story is a bit long, but I'm just writing all the details, maybe some of the contain vital information?

I've bought in late 80s the bootleg tape with some pop hits. Whenever it was bootleg compilation, or just compilation copy, I can't remember, but I remember some songs on it:

1st one side A - Phill Collins?
2nd one side A - Chris Rea - Road to hell
3rd one side A - Kaoma - Lambada
4th one side A - Black - Wonderful life
last one side A - Sade - Smooth operator

And when Lambada ends, if you flip on side B, there was that song I'm looking for.

Arrrangement was typical synthpop of that era, but more smooth, less techno sounds than other songs of that time. Very SAW (Stock Aitken Waterman) style, but with a lot of Boney M mixed in (disco stringy style).

The lead vocal was a female voice, high pitched, and sensual - much like Lala ‎- Johnny, Johnny, but with a bit less "feeling" in it - More like Sandra style, but without her accent, just plain good english.

There was back "chorus" provided by male voice, much like Boney M songs - some phrases inserted into chorus.

Here are the beginning "lyrics" - they might be a bit wrong, cuz so much time passed.

Female voice starts:

In the mid of the night,
I was thinking of you,
when moon was shining bright

I remember melody for above line and can play it on piano, but no music recognition service recognizes it. The text is actually googlable, but belongs to totally different song.

Then were some lyrics, I don't remember, and there was chorus:

(female voice)
Oh oh oh I'm lilmuch can you see
I'm lilmuch getting loving from you to mee

The melody of this part is very much like gimme gimme gimme by ABBA (the main part), but it is not ABBA of course.

Then male voice says, in typical Boney M style:

"he's so strong, she's so sweet"

and female voice again

"magic whispers come to meeeee"

The song ends with female voice saying

"oh lilmuch, oh lilmuch"

Of course, lyrics might be totally different.

Googling only shows my previous attempts of recognizing this song.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I'm looking for this song for more than 20 years!
CuriousOne is offline   Reply With Quote