Music Banter - View Single Post - Rush: The mid 80s
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2016, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Musicwhore A-Z
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Having discovered Rush when they released Caress of Steel in 1975 and immediately becoming their biggest fanboy on the planet for the next several years, I had, at the time, really felt let down by their mid 80s change of direction.

In hindsight I think that the trio of Signals, Grace Under Pressure, and Power Windows are their creative zenith.

Let's talk Rush.

Did ya know that only The Beatles and The Rolling Stones have more consecutive gold albums than The Rush do?
Great thread 'Chula'. I can understand why you felt that way considering you found Rush in 1975. However, you're absolutely correct when you say that 'Signals', 'Grace Under Pressure', and 'Power Windows' (an overlooked masterpiece to me) were another "creative zenith" for Rush.

Perhaps I'm biased (and a LITTLE younger...) but as a whole I have a SLIGHT preference to 80's Rush over their 70's output. Still, what a catalog! And what a band!

For the record, I'll take Rush OVER The Beatles and the Stones ANY day of the week. Be that as it may, yes, they're definitely in good company ().
Musicwhore A-Z is offline   Reply With Quote