Music Banter - View Single Post - Bowie Album Survivor: Final Round
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 10:53 PM   #181 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydy View Post
I was just wondering if we should be giving reasons why we think an album should survive? May make it a little more interesting?
Anyway, up to you guys - you've been here a lot longer than me.

I'm playing all Bowie's albums back to back in the car and giving them a good analysing, and between these two, it's not too difficult for me.

Diamond Dogs has Rebel Rebel, 1984 and Big Brother, but apart from that I'm not too struck on it. Never liked the title track for instance.

Aladdin Sane is virtually a less-good continuation of 'Ziggy Stardust', but musch better than 'DDs' with Panic In Detroit, Cracked Actor, the beautiful Prettiest Star and great singles Jean Genie and Drive-In Saturday. Not to mention the mini-rock opera of Time.

So off goes Diamond Dogs for me.

Sorry to ramble on guys.
I think it's great and much more in the spirit of such survivor threads to give reasons. Discussion is always welcome and encouraged here.

I think Diamind Dogs is good, but few tracks really stand out to me. Some are almost meh.
My favourites are probably "Sweet Thing" and "1984".
Meanwhile Both Ziggy and AS are chock-full of stand-out numbers and no song is really boring or forgettable.