Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Opinion on the 3 best vocalist in Metal?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 08:51 PM   #61 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild7Dustr
Well, there are quite a few good ones, ya know?I'm not totally sure if I would wanna say which 3 I think are the best because every artist has their own characteristics that make them great!!!! I'll put down some that I think are great and try to tell you why they are in my opinion.

Here's a list in no order:

1.Rob Halford-Judas Priest/Halford, etc...He is truly the Metal God!!!I mean, nobody can take there voice to the level he does on all of his albums!!!He's truly a metal singer to influence anyone thinking that they can really sing in an "out of this world" voice!!!He'll forever be the 1 and only "Metal God"!!!
2.Ronnie James Dio-Dio/Black Sabbath, etc..."We'll know for the first time...If we're evil or devine...We're the Last In Line!!!"They were surely right on that album when they said, "We Rock."
3.Lajon Witherspoon-Sevendust.Man this band is great!!!They're incredibly heavy, while still being melodic!!! Lajon's melodic, yet intensely heavy singing style truly help make sevendust a better band than so many others around today!!!Morgan Rose is also a Monster on the drums, by the way!!!
4.Sebastian Bach-Skid Row.This guy can really take his voice to another level as well!!!Although they have some ballads, they were definitely a great metal band on alot of songs.The main reason was most likely their great singer, Sebastian Bach!!!What a name too, ya know?
5.Page Hamilton-Helmet.He has always been the driving force in the underrated band Helmet.His singing and lyrics have a great power and heaviness to them, making Helmet the great band it is today!!!
6.Rob Zombie-White Zombie, etc...This guy is insanely cool and has an interesting approach to the way he sings and comes up with his lyrics!!!He's almost like a God in many ways and isn't here to just make hits.He writes psychotic, zombie influenced lyrics while taking his character to make a very unique and modest approach to music that is very rare these days.
7.Phil Anselmo-Pantera/Superjoint Ritual.Well, this guy definitely did a great job with Pantera!!!I purchased the 1st Superjoint Ritual album and thought some of the songs were alright, but nothing compared to Pantera!!!He had a great voice and power accompanied by good lyrics in Pantera, but I believe he's off track or forever lost at this point.It's a shame, but even some of the greatest go away eventually.

I've pretty much said a list of what metal singers are the best, but there are a few more mentions I gotta talk aboutave Mustaine-Megadeth, Alice Cooper, Maynard-Tool and Geoff Tates-Queensryche...
...That's all!!!Happy NewYear and don't forget to listen to alot of great Metal, cheers!!!
Nice list. Phil Anselmo is such an underrated vocalist. I reckon Bruce ****inson needs to be up there too.