Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Drummer
Thread: Best Drummer
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 10:15 PM   #166 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord
i agree with the drummers chosen though danny carey would be my favourite out of those choices, his drumming is dare i say it melodic its like hearing riffs.

So here is my alternate list of drummers, now there are probably better drummers out there technically but these drummers have all been major influences in the scene in which im involved. i would like to hear other peoples opinion...
Mat skitz from Damaged, ignore purified in pain the musics fine but the vocals ruin the album. Now Mat has one of the most unique and mental styles he hits so hard and was so fast but was also interesting, probably one of the best drummers ever it was a pity that damaged had so many problems, they were going to be huge, pantera and fear factory in there peak were jealous. And he didnt trigger his drum kit (well sometimes the kick drum) so he had to hit hard to get that sound.
Paul Bostaph for slayers Divine Intervention, have a listen it sounds like its just about to fall apart the whole time but never quite does also a hard hitting drummer, never used triggers ever the drums on sex murder art or serenity in murder are phenominal.
Tomas Haake meshuggah, never seen him play but this mans technicallity and originality is truely spectacular, i love covering one of there songs every now and then for a real challenge, the drummer hates me for it.
DAnny carey for the above reasons
dave lombardo for me especially for his work in fantomas, its so different and so difficult and so creative ****ing amazing.

now my list is in the the're great players but everythings triggerd even the toms so isnt that cheating you dont have to hit so hard to get a huge sound and its easyer to go fast catogory
Flo m from cryptopsy, phenominal tech and speed and creativity always a bad choice in singers
berzerka drummer for second album so fast apparantly is in the guiness book of records for being the fastest drummer.
devolved
gene hoglan for being fat and fast i love what he does in SYL
Yeah, Danny Carey is amazing. Truly amazing. But I guess that's what you get when you have a jazz trained drummer in a metal band (I consider Tool metal). I like how he mixes other fields with drumming (i.e. using a Fibonnaci sequence to drum in Lateralus).