Music Banter - View Single Post - The world's worst movies
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 04:04 PM   #107 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Super Mario Bros. (I enjoyed it for it's horrible filmmaking, though).
Ring of Terror, not even a horror movie.
Neverending Story 2
any epiosde of MST3K
Batman and Robin

OK, I'm gonna get trashed for this... but I haven't seen a lot of bad movies, so this is in.

Enter the Dragon. It was hokey and the fight scenes were clearly too staged. At least it looked real in movies like Ip Man and Crouching Tiger, heck, even Supercop. Supercop was dumb as hell, but it was still good. This was just... ugh. I understand it had a plot, but I was disappointed in a lot of it. The movie was just Bruce Lee mentally punching his former teachers of martial arts styles he didn't agree with in the face, and he was a drop out in a lot of them. I'll never forget that scene in the background where multiple karate black belts were practicing white-belt level blocking techniques. Obviously, Bruce Lee was making a shot at Japanese martial arts. And although a lot of Chinese cinema does that, Bruce Lee didn't do it well. The plot was just hokey. I mean,
Spoiler for Spoiler:
A martial artist is hired to infiltrate a martial arts tournament ran by a slave-driving narcotics mobster who killed the martial artist's sister?
. What the hell is that?And let's not forget,
Spoiler for Spoiler:
the scene near the end when the weak, sloppy slaves were freed and attacked the professional, healthy martial arts fighters AND WON was completely hokey.
The acting wasn't very good, I could see some clear misses in the fight scenes, and it lacked character development in some areas. Sure, there were some cool fight scenes and some interesting plot elements, but I think it needed a lot of work. It just felt like Bruce Lee acting like he's better than every martial art he dropped out of just because he's in a movie.