Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 04:42 PM   #206 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
General Disregard - No Gods, No Music Theory! (2015 Demo)

This was a fun recording that surely wore its influence on its sleeve but had a sound quality and music clarity of its own enough to set it apart. I'm not entirely sure what Fang song the intro was a cover of but it was an easy instrumental to get going. The next track is some unexpected folk fun with a wailing harmonica that I enjoyed a bunch. Was very quick and didn't evolve into much but a rather fun acoustic track to contrast the rest. "White Trash Anthem" begins with a riff noticeably heavier than the first track. I think there's some vocals here but they're incomprehensible. It goes onto slam into a reckless outro of guitar nonsense and blastbeats. Pretty great. "Ultra long titled track 4" continues the heavier guitar tone, I like this one better thanthe last though. "REM with a fuzzbox" employs that acoustic guitar some more for the beginning before the rock band re-initiates. Vocals are still hard to make out but that's fine. This track was very catchy and a great, almost anthemic close to the demo.

All in all some basic punk stuff that might be looking for a little bit of a different identity with catchy folk elements here and there. It has a Pussy Galore reckless noise punk feel as well. With improvement and more musicality in general they could pick up a cool sound for some longer recordings. I'd personally enjoy the folk elements to stay and even expanded upon
I was kinda just busting your balls earlier but thanks dude! We're actually starting our live performances with acoustic and drum busking so we'll have more folk for ya later. Our next demo, possibly out Monday, is way better than this demo (songwriting wise and musically) and has another folky track. If I wasn't in the band I'd listen the hell outta this next release.

Oh and White Trash Anthem has no vocals. REM's vocals were Neil going blah blah blah de blah blah de blah etc.

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote