Music Banter - View Single Post - Places You Go
Thread: Places You Go
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 07:55 AM   #109 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
I absolutely love the second picture, something about the yellow building really stands out, maybe that's because it's yellow, I don't know. Either way great shot!
Thanks, Qwerty, but please don't think that I took any of the photos I'm posting; still, I'm happy to take credit for clicking on google and wrestling with all those jpg code numbers!

Nice pics and lots of enthusiasm from Paul for Crater Lake. My own lake favourites: Lake Bled in Slovenia, with its much-photographed island:

While I was there, I hiked up one of the mountains in the background. Also rented bikes one day and cycled all round the lake area. Hidden behind the conifer trees, there are little farms with handerkerchief-sized apple orchards that look more fairy tale than real.

You really have to be there to sense the grandeur of Wastwater with its long dark flank, so often in its own cold shade while the sun shines over the rest of The Lake District. Does that make it forbidding or foreboding? Grammar Police please advise.