Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 10:51 AM   #16133 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justthefacts View Post
I'm also a decent fan of Rob Zombie's Halloween films. Underrated if you ask me.
Totally. Even if Michael Myers as a kid was kind of unconvincing, and the whole "mother with the white horse" thing was just a tad cringe-worthy, I thought as two linked movies they did a good job exploring the family aspect of his story.

And once he was adult Michael Myers, he was just ****ing awesome. I love how Rob didn't try to come up with generic slasher movie, murder set pieces using whatever household objects nobody had used yet. Myers was portrayed with a visceral physicality I haven't seen in most slashers. Watching him just beat people to death with his bare hands made him 100 times more terrifying than he would have been otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
I don't mind them, but House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects are where it's at for Rob Zombie films.
I honestly can't remember if I've ever seen House of a 1000 Corpses, but I do want to watch The Devil's Rejects in the near future.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote