Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking for information on a band called The Vacation
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
PixelKatana
Groupie

Huge thanks to JGuy Grungeman for the names, I was able to trace the members individually and get some more info.

For future reference, in case someone decides to look for information as I did: The Vacation have disbanded in 2008 after releasing their second album. Ben Tegel (vocals) pursued a career in illustration; his twin brother Steve Tegel (guitar) was a part of the Paul Chesne Band for some time; Eric "Dutch" Suoninen (bass) made a solo album, "Dutch Suoninen", and is a part of Dutch and the Disasters; Danny Weston Jr. (drums) was also part of Dutch's band, but apparently departed.

All of the band's members are still affiliated with the Paul Chesne Band, and have actually had a show together along with some other musicians in March 2015. Also, their Facebook page has been dormant since 2009, however in 2014 they updated their profile picture: in the comments section there was a question:

"Is The Vacation still alive?"

And the answer:

"It lives inside..."

I wouldn't hope for a comeback anytime soon, but it's nice to know the guys are still at it. Hope any people from the future find this useful.
PixelKatana is offline   Reply With Quote