Music Banter - View Single Post - Forum Member Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 02:24 PM   #211 (permalink)
YorkeDaddy
silky smooth

Album: Jesus Loves You
By: Jesus the Carpenter (Frownland)

1. Broken Spirit Raga: I wish I knew where some of these song titles came from. Do you just use whatever random name comes up first? Honestly I have no idea. Regardless this is some fun guitar improvisation and I like it quite a lot, it's actually quite beautiful yet cacophonous simultaneously. Was this just one long take? There's some parts that sound fairly intricate.
2. The Return of Shiva: Kind of a cool atmosphere developed by the heavy twang of the low guitar string mixed with the wails of what I'm assuming is the Bradley Pate fellow. Suddenly halfway through it sounds like there's a discernible rhythm and chord progression for a few seconds but then we're back to whatever we were doing earlier. I mean either way though I enjoyed this track.
3. Bridge Hopping: Some neat guitar playing to start this one. I'm guessing this entire album was improvised? To what extent did you plan out the general feeling of each song beforehand, or was none of that done at all? I've messed around with a guitar in a fairly similar fashion before but you make it sound a little cleaner in the execution than I did. This one bored me later on but I'll keep it green because there was still cool little runs happening every now and then.
4. Water Waltz: Can't hear much for like thirty seconds, but then we get some very slow chords. Not really much happening at all, you do hit some pretty chords in a nice order but a ****load of people can do that. Not impressed much by this one at all, I think it would've been loads better if you had added more instruments like some ambient sounds to fill the space while the guitar continues to do those little things here and there. I understand the style of this album is pure guitar improvisation but there was a lot of potential with this one that I think you missed out on.
5. Ruminations: Bit more going on in this one, we're back to the more interesting stuff from earlier on the album. Pretty cool in general
6. Experienced Cleaning Training Sessions: Super cool stuff on this track, I really don't know how you're making some of these sounds. What kind of tool are you using? This is probably my favorite on the album, just some really nice stuff overall. Whoa did you just drop the tool right at the end? Nice touch honestly.

Verdict: I dug it pretty much the whole way through. I definitely wish there had been more going on at certain points but overall you can do some really cool **** with a guitar and I'm assuming some drugs. My favorite I've heard from Frownland for sure.

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote