Music Banter - View Single Post - Places You Go
Thread: Places You Go
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 03:15 PM   #118 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
Would that be considered the eastern edge of the Alps?
*gets out atlas*

Yes, that's right, Paul. Lake Bled is only 10 miles from Slovenia's border with Austria, where you have the Alps proper. To be pedantic, it's more like the southern edge of the Eastern end of the Alps.
At Lake Bled the hills are called the Juliske Alpe, but they only go to a max of about 4,500 feet above the lake surface, and in fact don't have the same kind of rock either, so the definitive answer to your question is "sort of".

I like the photo you took of "The Old Man" - makes a good complement to your avatar, which I'd sometimes wondered about.

Perhaps the world's most intriguing lake is invisible. Have you read about Lake Vostok, Paul ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Vostok
There's a good documentary about its discovery somewhere on the internet too.

Beautiful photos of the controlled burn, DwnWthVwls, especially that first one of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I swear to god, if you say anything about composition I'm gonna hit you in the face with a brick.
^ Because of this, I'd better PM you my remarks about the interplay of light and shade, ok?