Music Banter - View Single Post - Yeah Machine is my name, and hopping on bandwagons is my game!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 03:07 PM   #240 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

Movies For The Blind

Horrorcore and abstract hip-hop? Seems like something that will either be great or absolutely awful. Based on the one song I do know from him I'm expecting to at least enjoy this. I don't know how I'm going to listen to the lyrics and write at the same time so sorry if the reviews for each song are ****.

Track 1 Fun little beat. The guy has some pretty clever lyrics from what I can tell so far. So I guess that was just an intro? Is this a concept album?

Track 2 Cool enough beat although I wish it changed up a little bit at some point in the song as I don't feel the loop really justifies a song like this. I also thought while his bars were entertaining his flow is a little bit thick and slow moving for my taste.

Track 3 The beat on this one reminds me of some early Eminem type production, and his flow and lyrics do as well. In fact I feel like I'm listening to a more angry Eminem. Idk this one wasn't doing that much for me.

Track 4 Ha love the beat on this one! His flow is still too choppy for me to completely love but he had some damn clever lines and references on this one. The clockwork orange was really well done, a little more subtle than the rest of the more blatant references.

Track 5 Really meh. His lyrics were totally whatever and the references got a little overbearing. The beat was banging, but that's about all I like about this one.

Track 6 Great ****ing beat on this the string sample is perfect. The lyrics are classic horrorcore mixed with what I assume is a partially true story about his time in a mental institution. I'd say there's maybe one too many lines about jerking off, but hey that's just me.

Track 7 Just sort of a filler skit. Liked the beat backing it, but it seemed unnecessary.

Track 8 Nice cinematic beat to match what might be the most grotesque song yet. Basically he's just real angry at his stepdad and is imagining killing him. Fun stuff if not a little bit cringeworthy at times, his nasely tone doesn't really help in that department. Good, not amazing.

Track 9 Amazing storytelling on this one. It features our man Cage in different dreams where the only way he can wake up is if he dies, the problem being, he has no clue when he is awake or not. That was really ****ing good and it had a very intense beat to match.

Track 10 Great use of a Clockwork Orange sample in what is basically an homage to the movie. It's basically the "rap" version of the movie itself which I think is a nice little tribute to what must be a very important move for Cage, seeing as he references it every five seconds.

Track 11 Eh not really feeling this one. Mainly just a detailed account of how he wants to kill himself over some girl. That's fine, but the lyrics weren't that particularly great and didn't really hold me beyond the shock value.

Track 12 Didn't like the lyrics at all, they seemed lazy, his flow was off, and the beat was ****ing lame, not much more to say.

Track 13 Weak hook, and the lyrics aren't really grabbing me. I think I'm just tired of this album at this point I don't really want to hear the rest like it's alright but not interesting enough to hold me for an hour. Beat bangs though.

Track 14 Another little interlude track, but the subject matter is at least interesting this time and the beat behind it is great.

Track 15 Again great beat, and the lyrics aren't bad if not a little too edgy for their own good. Yeah I'm bored as hell though, this album is about 10 or 15 minutes too long.

Track 16 Stupid ass skit

Track 17 This is more like it his flow is perfect here; nice and bouncy. The beat bangs hard as hell sounds like a car chase from a 60's movie or something. More of the album should be like this.

Track 18 Great closer, and has one of the few hooks on the album on the album I could actually get behind. Cute beat behind it all as well.

Final Verdict: It has its great moments and its ****ty ones as well. I don't know, it has a cult classic status behind it but I'm not really seeing it. Whatever, I'm done writing.

6/10
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote