Music Banter - View Single Post - Why do teenager listen to pop music?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 07:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Yeah, I wouldn't say that happiness was the cause for me getting into metal, or extreme metal for that matter. I think it's more about the outsider culture for most kids. Those who strive to fit in aren't going to pay any attention to loud, abrasive music that isn't being played on the radio because the majority of "popular" kids aren't. Whereas someone who already considers themselves to be an outsider might use the metal scene as a way to connect with other outcasts like themselves.

Or, there's always the chance that the music just appeals to the person, because we're in the age of the internet where you can easily find just about any genre of music you're looking for within a few clicks. That makes it fairly easy to get into any style, but of course pop is still at the forefront of pop culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote