Music Banter - View Single Post - How do you become popular if you're not from USA?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 06:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
arnas
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I was under the impression that English wasn't your first language, am I mistaken? I was referring to you rapping in your native language so obviously you would be able to understand yourself.

As far as what the point is of listening to rap when you can't understand the words goes, the point is the same as listening to any music: it's about how it sounds. Most rap lyrics aren't anything special anyway and they tend to be even worse when they're by someone who is not using their native language. I personally would rather hear someone rap in the language that comes most natural to them, because its probably going to sound a lot better.
Well, yes, my native language isn't english, but I was talking from my point of view i.e. I wouldn't listen to something I can't understand. And if we talk about rappers like Tyga, Gucci Mane etc. then yes, their lyrics probably don't have any deep meaning. But if we take someone like Tyler the Creator, Eminem, R.A. The Rugged Man - most of their lyrics have a really deep meaning.

Anyways, if one knows english really well, why do you think his lyrics will be bad? It's just a matter of how well your dictionary and overall english skills are.
arnas is offline   Reply With Quote