Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 12:51 PM   #24010 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Timmy's Organism - Heartless Heathen (2015)
A few great songs but I'm not sure how I feel about the album as a whole yet.

Peter Stringer-Hye - Sunday Girls [EP] (2015)
Nice pop tunes for fans of the 60s and Big Star.

Death Index - Death Index (2016)
The lead guy from Merchandise teamed up with a guy from the Italian hardcore scene for a hardcore post-punk album and it's pretty good.

Alex Smoke - Love Over Will (2016)
I'm gonna have to try this again because it's not what I expected from the couple songs I had heard, and I'm not sure what I think. The cover is cool though, this one being half-censored by Amazon. At least they didn't censor the bewbs.

Crisis - Hymns of Faith (1980)
I downloaded this a few months ago and finally got around to listening to it last week. Quite good post-punk.

The Stranglers - No More Heroes (1977)

Rob Crow's Gloomy Place - You're Doomed. Be Nice. (2016)
Last year, Rob Crow announced he was quitting music to focus on his family because music wasn't paying the bills. I'm happy he seems to have had a change of heart and released this album with some members of Heavy Vegetable. I wasn't sold on the single "Business Interruptus" but the album is really solid and I like the song better in context.

DMX Krew - You Exist (2016)
More tasty electro from the prolific Ed Upton. He always tends to have a few killer cuts on every LP, but I think his EPs tend to be more solid with less filler. Not that any tracks are necessarily filler, it's just that this style works better in smaller, more potent doses I guess.

Surgeon - From Farthest Known Objects (2016)