Music Banter - View Single Post - bernie sanders 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #338 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
The time of handouts and aiding others is ending, we are all the 98% that can't afford things. I paid for everything i've got in this world, and I was taught at a young age you get what you work for, whether that be hard work, grueling schoolwork load, people need to stop looking for others to help its time for people to help themselves. I'm kind of the only guy playing devils advocate here so i'll keep the thread rolling. Your welcome.
You were taught at a young age that you get what you work for, so you worked hard and it payed off. Good, that's what happens when you have hard working parents that instill that mentality in you early on. My parents did the same, I worked ****ty jobs for a couple of years to save up for university, paid for my education out of savings, and now I'm well off too. Great.

So what about the kids with a single parent working as a cashier at Walmart with multiple drug addictions and a hefty debt for whatever reason? The kid grew up with no parental support, probably has pooched social skills and little to no supportive friends, is probably jaded, cynical, and feels trapped in that world. Nobody has sat down with the kid to explain how to pursue stable employment, nobody taught him how to write a good resume, nobody told him about this option or that option. He never had any motivation to pay attention in class because he was more concerned with whether or not his mom would be conscious enough to make dinner when he got home.

It's a sob story but be real, there are **** tons of these kids out there. So what, are they SOL? Is it really so bad to look for ways to change the system to give kids like this an easier channel to higher education? Or should we just go "Here's an application to the University of Your Town, pick one of these classes, get a student loan, and go do it because it'll pay off in the long run buddy, WORKED FOR ME!" and if they don't listen to you then "**** you enjoy living in poverty *******"?
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote