Music Banter - View Single Post - The Republican Primaries
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 07:22 PM   #149 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
I think that comparing politicians to Hitler has been so overused for so long it became trite a long time ago. I've seen and heard politicians of all stripes compared to Hitler; Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Angela Merkel, Vladimir Putin, Barack Obama, Richard Nixon, Lyndon Johnson and many more. It can apply to any politician if the person making the comparison has an ideological axe to grind with that particular politician and wants to use something their opponent said or proposed or did that they dislike or disagree with and want to link with Hitler or Nazism.

I imagine that if Trump had done poorly and dropped to the back of the pack and Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz or John Kasich was the front-runner, there would also be similar comparisons being made about whichever one of them was leading.

I wouldn't even be terribly surprised if I hear about Bernie Sanders or Hillary Clinton being compared to Hitler by some of their critics and enemies.

It's all in the political eye of the beholder.
Well the media can portray him as Hitler all they want, it's just going to galvanize his supporters and make him more popular.

Trump may be an instable megalomaniac but he's smart and has tapped into the rage that has been building towards political correctness over the last few decades.

With the exception of Rand Paul, how many other Republican candidates went on the Alex Jones show.? He knows his base, Bush and Rubio are clueless on who supports them.

The latest polls show he's killing Rubio in Florida. If he can avoid saying anything to stupid in the coming months he will be the nominee of the Republican Party, guaranteed.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote