Music Banter - View Single Post - The Republican Primaries
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 08:15 PM   #151 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
I'll partially agree. Indeed, if there's anything I've seen repeatedly from the Trump followers it's that the more outrageous he gets, the more it would offend those of us on the left, the more his followers love it. Where I differ is that I don't believe he's gaining new supporters, he only appeals to the fans he already has IMO.

Whether that will be enough to carry the ticket in November is another issue. As a staunch liberal I do not fear Cruz, even less so Kasick or Rubio. I'm worried about Trump.
I thought that to until he easily won a deep blue state like Hawaii. The problem with the media (Fox aside) is that its become so liberally biased that people just don't trust it anymore. Trump's a Nazi? all right whatever.

I don't identify myself as either a liberal/conservative, left/right, don't take this personally but I find it weak when people sign up to be part of a political identity.

That being said, as a liberal you should be the least concerned about Trump, he has a historic track record of being pro choice, pro gay marriage, affordable health care, anti free trade ect.

Your biggest concern should be Cruz, he is winning a lot of the deep red conservative states because he's organized the evangelical vote into a fine tuned voting machine. He has got the religious right getting every granny in the old folks home car rides to the voting booth. I'll bet money that he takes Utah easily.

Now if you were to say to me, as someone who fears a nuclear holocaust because the White House will be run by a megalomaniac, than I'd say your biggest concern should be Trump.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote