Music Banter - View Single Post - Future Fans of Minimal Wave Unite!
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Default Future Fans of Minimal Wave Unite!

Minimal Wave Records is a record company founded by Veronica Vasicka, a New York dj who two hour spot and would play obscure electronic music. She came up with the name said because she read through old articles she would come across music as being described as "Minimal electronic, or Cold Wave" So she put them together for her label, that specializes in re-releasing rare and Well it isn't an genre name per se even Wikipedia start right off by saying "Minimal wave is a contentiously named genre of electronic music."but still entered in the vernacular and is used as umbrella term in include various genres (as mentioned before) Minimal Electronic, Cold Wave, as well as "Electropunk, Synthpop, Post-Punk, ... Electroclash and Electropop." Minimal Wave

I have to start with Antidolby. Reverse is one of the first songs I found in this style and at the time I just assume it was from the Eighties. Even picture used for the video looks like it was something taking from old Electronic textbook. Antidolby is Tony Teran. He leads the project however I'm still sure if it involves more than one member. I would say I like about 90% of his material, I didn't care for few songs I heard.

As I explore further I kept seeing the name "Martial Canterel" and read somewhere that he single handily brought back Minimal wave. The person behind Martial Canterel is Sean McBride. He teamed up with Miss Liz Wendelbo to form Xeno & Oaklander.

Momentform is Ianis Lallemand. He is electronic music composer, and digital designer based in Paris. She's Into Clubs has to be one of the best examples of modern Minimal electronic I've heard.

What I am mostly interested is Minimal Electronic which is generally made with drum machines, analogue synthesizers and sequencers. Mostly pre-midi gear, pre-FM synth and samplers etc. Stuff like early Kraftwerk. Feel to jump in and post something or ignore this thread whatever you want to do.

Antidolby - Reverse

Momentform - She's Into Clubs

Xeno & Oaklander - Sentinelle [video]

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote