Music Banter - View Single Post - The Democratic Primaries
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 09:01 PM   #173 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
^^^

The only thing scarier than Donald Trump winning the Republican nomination and getting a shot at the Presidency, is a hard leftist like Sanders winning the Democratic nomination and giving Trump an even better chance. All this talk about Trump beating Rubio and Bush, and then Clinton after that, but I don't remember anyone really talking about Trump v. Sanders. It's not a match-up that gives me hope.
Despite what the polls may say, I think Trump would make short work of Sanders. If you look at how he demolished Bush and virtually every other candidate he's gone after so far, I think Sanders would end up getting decimated...I of course could be totally wrong.

Hillary is a harder target though due to her gender, Trump would have to be very careful as not to look sexist...a hard thing for him to do.

As for a Sanders presidency, I don't think it would be as bad as one might think, but inevitably I think he would raise taxes not only on the rich but the middle and working class as well.

He would probably engage in a large scale Keynesian stimulus, that could result in an economic boom, or fall flat on its face like Japan. I'm not an economist so it's hard to say.

His economic inspiration is Denmark, so you might want to look at their gdp growth rates.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote