Music Banter - View Single Post - Eurovision 2016 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 09:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Default Rock Bands?

This year has attracted a number of rock bands, which we usually don't see that many of at Eurovision. One or two, but four? Surprising!

Romania shocked everyone this year with its rock ballad choice, "Moment of Silence." Fun fact, the lead singer, Ovidiu, is a famous dog breeder in Romania.

I actually loved this song when I heard it. I probably would have voted for it, too. Gotta love the half-naked swordsman. And honestly, without this kind of entry, you just don't really feel like its Eurovision. Not a winner, but a hilarious and oddly memorable song nonetheless. Romania has never not qualified for the Eurovision final, so we'll be seeing this on May 14th.

As usual, Montenegro is delivering on weirdness. I actually thought this song had huge potential and the video is cool, too. There are parts that are kind of like...whoa, cool. But no glue holding it together, unfortunately. You might like it though.

Not your typical Eurovision trash, that's for sure. But what is it, then?

Georgia's entry doesn't really disappoint, but it's so monotone and indie it will probably get overlooked this year. I would be surprised if this qualifies at all, but it's not a bad song. Just way to "cool" for the average Eurovision voter. We're used to obscure from Georgia, though.

They kind of remind me of the White Stripes for some reason.

The entry from Cyprus is probably the best quality from the rock variant, regardless of the very Nickelbacky thing going on. It at least sounds radio friendly and has a memorable chorus. I think this will surely qualify, but it's always a toss up to be honest.

Yeah this is actually more dancey the more I listen to it, too. Well, I feel really neutral about it. We'll have to see which of these makes it through the competitive semi-final rounds this year.

Stay tuned, there are plenty more coming!
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote