Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 12:40 AM   #16217 (permalink)
Justthefacts
President spic

Frost/Nixon - 2008

Being the sucker to politics that I am, of course I enjoyed this movie. Seems somewhat accurate in it's depiction of the historic interviews David Frost does with Nixon, and the subsequent days leading up to it. Some off putting romantic entanglement doesn't much forward the film in anyway but doesn't derail it either. One of Ron Howard's best. 4/5

If not for the interesting turn of events in the third act, this would've been a 3.5/5. Now a 4. Wonderfully acted, and directed might I add, but some scenes are either too melodramatic, or just too drab. One of the two. No true complaints considering each drab moment is heavily outweighed by the compelling one's. God bless Haneke. On to renting Cache now.

Saw this the day it came out, whenever that was. Originally, this was strictly meant to be just some claustrophobic/being held hostage film with a nuclear attack scenario happening outside. Then, a producer said "Hey, I know a great way we can tie this into the Cloverfield universe" and tacked on some extra terrestrial like creatures in the final act. And thank the Lord he did. I haven't seen such a well made genre movie since Cabin In The Woods. 4.5/5

Nothing to be said, watched it twice in one day. 5/5
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote