Music Banter - View Single Post - Eurovision 2016 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 03:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Default The WTF entries!

Now presenting 2016's "wtf" entries. There are always a handful, and this year is no exception. We saw some really intense drama during the national final season, with upsets, disappointment, and shocking reveals.

One thing that most fans are agreed on is that Poland made a huge mistake this year. No one is really sure if it was a voting fluke or a conspiracy, but what we do know is that the guy who one beat a way more popular dance/pop entry, and everyone was left wondering, wtf just happened? The song is very bad, and the guy is crazy cheesy, but hey, this is Eurovision, you always get some weirdos, right?

Greece upset a lot of fans with it's ethnic/folk inspired piece, Utopia Land. I have to admit I'm a sucker for traditional instruments, but nothing about this song sits well with me.

I think there is actually something wrong with, but I'm not totally sure what it is. The lyrics are terrible, that's beside the point. Although... maybe it's really the bad writing that ruins the song after all.

The most twisted and bizarre Eurovision entry this year is far and away from San Marino. Now, San Marino doesn't have a great track record for Eurovision anyway (most of their entries were written by the same out-of-touch elderly man, and couldn't be beat in terms of cringeworthiness). But this is at a whole new level of weird and uncomfortable.

If this song baffles you, imagine what we were all thinking about the previous version, which received so many dislikes, the Eurovision channel removed it from the playlist and released this "disco version" instead.

Um, ok?
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote