Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Showdown (Round 7) - Nirvana vs Metallica
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 01:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Two Spirit
Music Addict

Default Metal Showdown (Round 7) - Nirvana vs Metallica

http://www.musicbanter.com/rock-meta...s-nirvana.html

Last round, AiC finally met their demise with Nirvana, with 7 votes to Nirvana's 11. Still a really respectable showing, though.

Now to turn things up a bit more for the metal, Nirvana will be going up against one of the giants and pioneers of heavy/thrash metal, Metallica.

Metallica

There's not much to say about these guys that hasn't been said a million times before on this forum. They've lost their way the past decade or two as well as become lazy in the studio, but still remain living legends within their genre and are capable of bringing in the thrash vote this time around.

Nirvana

Cobain and the gang come back for their second round. Let's see if they can hold up against an opponent that's outside their sub-genre.

My Verdict

I'm going to have to go with Metallica on this one, simply because I discovered them much earlier than Nirvana, so I have more fonder memories of them. Still love Nirvana, but I don't have the same connectivity as I do with 'Tallica.
Two Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote