Music Banter - View Single Post - Rock Album Survivor Archives
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 03:36 AM   #66 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
I didn't buy into any f***in scheme, so stop treating me like a tool. In fact, the only grunge album I ever bought was Nevermind, and that was before I was a fan. And like I keep saying, GRUNGE'S ANGST IS DISTINCTIVE. It is not the same kind of angst as punk or emo or anything.

In a philosophical sense, I'd say grunge's angst is a blend of a false sense of maturity and a desire to prove it, and anger at the world in general rather than specific things, as if the music is annoyed that the world feels pointless. That's the feeling I get when I listen to any grunge album.
Saying something over and over again doesn't make it mean any more sense.

PearlJamhadmorethanonegoodalbum.PearlJamhadmoretha nonegoodalbum.PearlJamhadmorethanonegoodalbum.Pear lJamhadmorethanonegoodalbum.PearlJamhadmorethanone goodalbum.PearlJamhadmorethanonegoodalbum.PearlJam hadmorethanonegoodalbum.PearlJamhadmorethanonegood album.PearlJamhadmorethanonegoodalbum.PearlJamhadm orethanonegoodalbum.PearlJamhadmorethanonegoodalbu m.PearlJamhadmorethanonegoodalbum.PearlJamhadmoret hanonegoodalbum.PearlJamhadmorethanonegoodalbum.

See? Doesn't work.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote