Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 08:18 AM   #16257 (permalink)
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard
OQB

Watched 3 excellent films recently, all of which have been on my watchlist for far too long.

Cache

My second Michael Haneke film, and I was blown away yet again. At it's core it's a character study that in some ways reminded me of a film like A Serious Man because of just how dark and depressing it got.

Ed Wood

I'm a big Tim Burton fan, so I've been excited to watch this one for awhile. Based on the life of Ed Wood, the notorious cult B movie director who has gone down as one of the worst directors of al time, the film is a blend of comedy and drama that benefits a ton from Burton's directing style. Johnny Depp was fantastic in the lead, and Martin Landau was even better at Bella Lugosi.

The Seventh Seal

What an exceptional piece of film making. The protagonist Atonious Block is a knight who is met by Death and in order to prolong his life for as long as possible, challenges him to a game of chess. A lot of discussion on both death and religion, and the film looks just as beautiful as the dialogue sounds. Easily one of the best foreign films I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote