Music Banter - View Single Post - Knives: Whacha got?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 11:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

They're legal to collect in Cali but you can't carry or sell one. (Grab a Benchmade trainer. I have one and it's just as much fun as the real thing. Although it's kinda like skydiving out of a first story window. )

I've been practicing a lot the past couple of weeks and only drawn blood twice. According to the experts a super sharp knife is better than dull since the cut hurts less and heals faster since it's clean. Ok. If they say so.

I've got a half dozen basic tricks I can do while not having to pay much attention. I practice a lot while watching TV. Repetition and muscle memory is key.

I searched high and low for an authentic Benchmade 42 (which are considered the holy grail and have been out of production for years) but used ones sell for ridiculous prices - $500 to $800! After some research I found out that there's some dead nuts on repros being done overseas so I scored one for under $100.

The thing is butter. My new favorite toy. The counterbored holes in the handles not only reduce weight but also give you anchor points for your fingers when spinning. Killer design.

Here's my newest score:

Joined a knife forum and they had a limited time deal for 100 pcs. of this custom piece with the JD logo on the handle (the forum is JerzeeDevil). This is basically a switchblade. The red button releases the blade.

Price is just a hair above cost and they sell for almost twice as much for standard production runs. This is a killer re-sell piece if I ever choose to. Should have it within 2-3 weeks.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”

Last edited by Chula Vista; 04-02-2016 at 12:05 AM.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote