Music Banter - View Single Post - The AI Singularity and Transhumanism
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 05:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
... This is such a seemingly inane, boring comment, that I can't help but feel that I will have been successfully trolled if I respond "incorrectly".

So, to answer your question: yes.
It wasn't a yes/no question. Personally I don't want to be destroyed just to be saved onto a computer or made into an android. I sorta with you, except I don't want any part of it, not even having my brain placed in a nutrient-filled container. However if you ever do decide to put your brains in a nutrient-filled container, I would imagine you would make a formidable Krang.

Back to the topic. I saw a doc on quantum physics and in it, it said that the teleportation that is used in Star Trek could be done with a quantum computer. A person who want to be transported would step onto a transport and be scanned and that turn all the information about of what constitutes a person on an atomic level into information which would be sent to another place where is would arrange each atom in the same exact way. However while scanning every atom it would destroy the original copy in the process. Somewhat like what happen in the movie Prestige, expect in the movie the original wasn't destroyed by the (teleporter) machine.

It seems that most things are evolving into a cyber form. Hypothetically in the future there is a way to save person's conscientiousness into a cyber world, then that process would have to be evolutionary. Then we would be at the evolution stage where people put their thoughts and ideas onto the internet using computers with keyboards. However in the future instead of using computers and a keyboard, the i-Phone 2000 would just read your mind, and the cloud and your conscience would be intertwined.

However it could possibly be that having a computer capture ones conscious could be something that simply can not be done.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote