Music Banter - View Single Post - Horizontal / Flat Management Structures, Workplace Democracies
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Default Horizontal / Flat Management Structures, Workplace Democracies

I'm alpha testing the next version of an open source Chrome add-on that we use frequently at my workplace.

Our CEO was wholly confounded by the process as I described it. As both a company president and a devout Christian, all authority in his world has always come from above. I attempted to outline the principles of a cooperative - one of horizontal management and one whose aim is simply for the betterment of the community rather than for financial compensation.

His brows furrowed deeper as I explained that the Android OS was Linux-based. And whenever I'd finish citing an example of an open source project, he always returned to the question:

"BUT WHO TELLS THEM WHAT TO DO?"

I'd really like to develop a better understanding of these systems, both for myself and so that perhaps one day I can give him a direct answer.

I'm going to be researching the logistics of horizontal / flat management structures, workplace democracies, collectivist and cooperative culture, and decentralized organizations. I'm interested in real-world examples, their operational strategies, their strengths over traditional vertical hierarchical structures, and their embrace of Open Source and Copyleft philosophy to work more effectively.

It's fascinating stuff and flat management is gaining significant traction with modern tech businesses.

Would any of our community be knowledgeable in this regard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists

Last edited by innerspaceboy; 04-04-2016 at 05:28 PM.
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote