Music Banter - View Single Post - The most intimidated you've ever been?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 11:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
TrickTheTeeVee
Groupie

About five years back my brother and I were doing some blues/grungy music and had landed a spot in the local blues festival. Unfortunately it was one of those type of shows where you have to play through all of their provided equipment,"No Exceptions" Not being familiar with the setup and having no one there to help out they pushed us out on stage, I had been having some wiring problems with my guitar cutting out before hand but soldered up everything and thought it was fixed. When we went to play I was getting no sound at all, the power light for the amp was on so I figured my guitar was just busted. I went back stage and asked one of the other acts if I could borrow their guitar ( I felt like such an ass just at that point however, they reluctantly agreed) but when I went back out I got no sound from his either. The stage people were just staring at me from the side and rushing me but offering no help. It was only then (5 minutes that seemed like an hour) that I realized the amps they had for everyone to use had a "Standby" option. as soon as I switched it and the sound came on I was relieved but really felt foolish for not realizing it straight away. I switched back to my guitar and the show went just fine, but it was really intimidating having a street full of people looking up at me wondering what I was waiting for. I hate using equipment I am not familiar with and not getting a sound check
TrickTheTeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote