Music Banter - View Single Post - Tristan Geoff's Post-Hardcore Extravaganza
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 01:50 PM   #93 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
You mentioned Seaweed, Tristan. Are you sure they're post-hardcore? I've heard a couple albums by Seaweed due to my grunge affinity. They are definitely punk, but not post-hardcore in my opinion. I've learned that false expectations upon trying out the subject leads to a less pleasant experience and a lower rating. In fact, part of why Lady in the Water did so poorly at the box office and the critical reviews was because it was partially advertised as a horror when it was really more of a mystery-fantasy. I have similar personal experiences. It's possible you rated the album lowly partially because you expected a post-hardcore album but you really got a punk album. You may not have realized it. Try listening to it without a post-hardcore mind.
My reason for that album's low rating was because it was really dull and lifeless. I don't think I really even considered them post-hardcore when I listened to it but it does have some elements of it.

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote