Music Banter - View Single Post - Avril Lavigne
Thread: Avril Lavigne
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 04:21 PM   #73 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

If it's great music, I don't really care who wrote it. I don't disagree that there can be a lack of genuiness in the music for some artists, but that's something that you can pick up without knowing who wrote the song. Take this for example, composed by John Zorn, performed by Marc Ribot. One of my favourite albums.

A lot of people are brilliant performers and musicians but not great songwriters and vice versa. If the two use each other to the music's advantage, I see it as a good thing because it creates more good music. It has the same kind of relationship as a director to a play, where the people work in areas that they're stronger in instead of taking it all on themselves. Also I think that a good deal of songwriters write their work around the artist that they're writing for, it's not as if they're just handing out pieces to anyone who hires them (well, for the most part). Everyone involved is interested in a good result and I think it's more than likely for them to achieve that.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote