Music Banter - View Single Post - I've gone from researching Music to Beer
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 04:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
PhD Researcher
Music Addict

Hi Neapolitan. I posted here because I have been a friendly poster of such things in the past. Actually, MusicBanter.com is mentioned in my dissertation! In fact, though I posted to several sites I only mentioned MusicBanter.com because it was the most helpful and supportive. As for anonymity, this is extremely important to me for research integrity purposes. Related to this, the only reason we use the email address is for the drawing. I use this method because it means that this survey can remain anonymous at the option of the survey-taker. The email address is not a required field; to protect anonymity the survey is set up so that the only way to participate in the drawing is to provide your email address. Many people choose to participate in the survey to make their opinions known, but do not provide an email address for the drawing.

Also, I would like to add that in order for this survey to be distributed we must adhere to strict standards that are regulated by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of my University, St. Bonaventure. There are two places where contact information to the IRB appear in case anyone wishes to confirm that we have properly submitted and had approved our research methods. IRB follows research standards that all institutions must follow for the protection of research subjects - yes, even for Internet surveys. If you would like further information, please Private Message me.

Thank you for your concern, I hope I have addressed them.

- Paul