Music Banter - View Single Post - Sounds from Innerspace
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 07:47 PM   #243 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Default The Nighthawk

Today I took the next step in audiophilia and invested in a pair of AudioQuest's flagship headphones - 2015 CES Best of Innovation Winner - The NightHawk.

The grills are 3D-printed using a process called selective laser sintering, and its biometric design mimicks the latticework in a butterfly's wing. It's designed to diffuse sound and to help defeat resonances.

The cups have substantial internal bracing, and have their interior surfaces coated with an elastomeric coating.

The driver uses a high-excursion 50mm biocellulose diaphragm - far superior to the Mylar diaphragms most drivers use. Compliant rubber surrounds improve the drivers' pistonic behavior. The NightHawk driver's magnet is very strong, rated at 1.2 tesla.

The earcup suspension mount system uses ultra-high-grade silicone bands that let them articulate with a lot of freedom, but while still providing nice tension and control. These are VERY comfortable to wear.

With the shock-mount-type suspension, the circular yokes, the Liquid Wood earcups, and the rod-type headband, the NightHawk looks somehow concurrently modern and vintage - a perfect fit for yours truly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote