Music Banter - View Single Post - Best 90's rock band?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 06:35 PM   #78 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL82 View Post
You cannot put them together with those bands, but each of them were pop. in different terms, times, genres, music, climate, mood and so on. Each of them have been different to anyone, but that does not change the fact they have been POP. to a greater or lesser extent. For me, regular Pop can be a Michael Jackson etc., but Rock Pop? Yeah, Guns, Nirvana, Alice in Chains etc. Pop can be anything we want...

Marketing is always there. It is always anywhre you look. It is normal. It is part of any business. We have not been here if it wasn't for marketing and business.
But you're also confusing the marketing term with the genre. That's the problem. You're not separating the distinction. You're only using the same argument in different wording. You don't even get what I'm talking about. And your under a seriously annoying delusion that I don't know the definition of the marketing term for pop. You're the one who said you're new to these terms, so don't you think I have some idea about what I'm talking about? Obviously, your definition of the genre is not based on the sound, scene, or culture at all. So if you say the same thing again in the next post and make another argument against something I didn't even say, I'm just leaving the topic because this is really getting on my nerves.

So please put this at the front of your head. I NEVER SAID THAT THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS POP MUSIC IN THE SENSE THAT IT'S BASED ON POPULARITY.
2. A MARKETING TERM DOES NOT DECIDE A SOUND/GENRE.
3. OF ALL PEOPLE, I'D PROBABLY BE THE FIRST TO SAY GNR IS ROCK.