Music Banter - View Single Post - VG Music Production: MIDI Controller, Workstation, Arranger, Synthesizer, or Hybrid?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 12:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
DatGameh
Groupie

Thanks for being brutally honest. It helps me more than any other form of comment!

First off, we are high school students, planning to make a private project to try out our teamwork skills. So I might create lesser soundtracks than a typical NES game.
Throught the sequence of the game's creation, we will be changing roles slightly, such as me programming some parts of the game (I want to emphasize how un-serious this game is).

Outside of the VG area of soundtracks, I want to create music as a hobby as well, experimenting along the way. Same thing goes for artwork.

Anyways, I do have experience in music production. Only little though, and I never used complex music software (yet) like FL Studio.
The reason why I want to get a Arranger (or sequencer, whatever you call it in the internet) is because I want to use an instrument to get me into music production quickly, and easily. Keyboard and mouse won't work that well for the long term
I also want a piano in my room for easy accesablility, as an old electric piano is not so easy to fit in my room (Yamaha Clavinova from the 90s).

So... Yeah. From my understanding of your advice, I'm now looking for a basic sequencer, that can be used for easy music creation. Some sound modulation can also help, or any other feature that can make my music sound more unique.
And if the insturment has limited features, it should be able to be connected to a computer for greater modularity and features. Also, the sequences saved in the sequencer should also be able to import sequences that are still modifyable in a music software (if there are any). If not... I'll think about it.
Since the instrument will be used for experimentation and hobby, it will be great if it was small, yet complete. Something like Yamaha's new synthesizers, although a little bigger.
DatGameh is offline   Reply With Quote