Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 06:42 AM   #16273 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

If you like Giuy Ritchie, check out his latest ( I think) production - Man from U.N.C.L.E.

I saw it during the weekend and have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Not knowing really what it was about, that it was a remake of a tv series, not knowing Richie was directing and having seen exactly 0 trailers, I was skeptical. And the movie surprised me with quality. Good acting, good action scenes, good script, great visuals, great music.
Seriously, the visuals.. it's well, it's not at "Wes Anderson movie" level, with every shot a masterpiece, but it doesn't aspire to. It does it's own thing, and it really works.
It is also quite funny without being stupid or relying on slapstick (too much).
Generally I'd give it a strong, surprising 8/10.
Oh, and in the name of all that's holy, don't watch the trailers. They spoil every single plot point and the picture they paint is of a idiotic B class movie that spent all the budget on some recognizable faces and forgot it had a script. The movie has a completely different pace and feel than what the trailer makes you believe.

I also saw deadpool but this one I don't think I need to recommend. Pure entertainment.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote