Music Banter - View Single Post - Echoes of Antiquity
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Twin Engine

band name: Twin Engine
members:
Constantine Gusias - guitar, vocals
Randy Naylor - acoustic guitar, organ, vocals
album title: Twin Engine
  1. Give My Love A Chance
  2. My Life Gets Better Every Day
  3. Secrets
  4. Mistress Of The Morning
  5. No Time Is Better Than Now
  6. Darlin'
  7. Flowered Wall
  8. Can't Keep My Mind Off Of You
  9. Gold Mine
  10. When Will I Be Loved
  11. The Time Is Now
  12. Same Train

This is an album I found by chance on YouTube. It is one of those albums that was recorded and canned for whatever reason. It was recorded in 1971 and then released thirty-something years later in 2004.

Twin Engine are are singer/song writers Constantine Gusias and Randy Naylor. Looking up information on it I was surprise to find to see who's on the album. For studio musicians they have Clarence White, Chris Hillman and Sneaky Pete Kleinow. Sneaky Pete was a sessions musician for The Byrds and the recording artist he record with reads like a Who's Who. The Everly Brothers, Jackson Brown, Linda Ronstadt, Eagles, The Ventures et al. I really enjoyed the album before I knew all of that. But after learning that I felt I stumbled into a really great find. The guitar playing can be intricate and layered. The harmony style is very good, and lie somewhere between The Everly Brothers and The Byrds. In fact they do a cover of the EB, When Will I Be Loved.

This is an album to hear if you like The Byrds are into The Flying Burrito Brothers. The album is a missing puzzle piece to what else was done by the members of those bands.

The Time Is Now

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 04-12-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote