Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 09:40 AM   #344 (permalink)
Key

Added disclaimer: I will also be covering early access games this month.

So for the month of May, yes, I know it's the middle of April, shut up, I'm going to be doing entries based solely on indie developers and the games they've made. It should be no surprise to anybody that this was going to become a thing as I've found a lot of enjoyment out of many different indie games, some of which are games I still play today. On top of that, sometimes indie games are far better than AAA games, I know crazy.

You're probably wondering what the hell the term "indie" means. Well, to make things easy, i'll pull a definition for you:

Quote:
Independent video game development is the video game development process of creating indie games; these are video games, commonly created by individual or small teams of video game developers and usually without significant financial support of a video game publisher or other outside source.
I've done a few month long themes in the past about the types of games that I really like and they seem to have gone really well. This one in particular may be one of the biggest undertakings i've ever done, which will mean more than 1 entry per day. I plan to do this for the entire month, so prepare yourself for a lot of entries during that month. I'm excited for this one because i'll be able to cover games that I've covered before and games I've yet to cover in this journal, like Darkest Dungeon and Titan Souls. Along with that, I will try to do my best to not only make it about the games specifically, but do as I did with Horror month, and focus on some of the little things in video games that don't get as much attention as they should, things like boss fights in indie games, graphics, the development team themselves, favorite genres, favorite characters, etc etc. There's going to be a lot of fun stuff happening, and i'm as excited as you are. So prepare yourselves, indie month is in the near future.

Of course, if you have suggestions for things that you'd like to see during the month of May, feel free to let me know. I can't promise that they will make the cut, but it's always nice to get other people involved especially if they have a lot of indie games like I do.

Indie Month Index:
Week of May 2nd to May 6th:
The Binding of Isaac
Darkest Dungeon
Video Game Music: Indie Edition
Titan Souls: First Impressions
Why I Will Never Play...Undertale
Starbound: First Impressions
Indie Games vs AAA Titles
Viscera Cleanup Detail

Week of May 9th to May 13th
Video Game Music: Indie Edition II
Favorite Bosses In Indie Games
Enter The Gungeon: First Impressions
Dont Starve Together Pisses Me Off

Week of May 16th To May 20th
Indie Games I've Never Played
Let's Talk About...Diehard Dungeon
Let's Talk About...Early Access Games
Indie Games I've Never Played Part II

Week of May 23rd to May 27th
Stardew Valley: First Impressions
Let's Talk About.../My Experience With...Rocket League
60 Seconds

Last edited by Key; 06-16-2016 at 09:40 PM.