Music Banter - View Single Post - VG Music Production: MIDI Controller, Workstation, Arranger, Synthesizer, or Hybrid?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
DatGameh
Groupie

Haha!
It's fine. eople make mistakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu-Cuss View Post
That being said, it honestly kind of looks like a DAW attached to an electric piano, which seems kind of limited as well, and probably not something I'd really choose over Ableton.
Hm... I thought so as well.
But aren't there Arrangers that can be connected to a PC to function as a controller? Also, this may be ridiculous, but from what you saw about arrangers, can you transfer created arrangements from the Arranger to your PC to edit or modify? If it sounds impossible or quite rare, it could be possible that Arrangers save MIDI files.

But the Lauchpad? It seems to be a longer computer keyboard with macros. What makes it anymore useful than a keyboard? It also seems to rely on the presense of a computer. I don't know, but it looks like a gimmick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu-Cuss View Post
Also just realized you said you wanted to make NES music, I led to another interesting thought. I know you said your big thing was that you don't really care for click and drag workflow, and I was curious if you'd ever heard of trackers? They're basically like DAWs, but with an interface that can be almost entirely controlled from a keyboard. AND, considering they're what was originally used for NES games (I think you were saying that's the type of music you had in mind), they could actually be perfect for you. I use one and it's actually my preffered software.

I've never used this personally (I use Renoise), but I know lots of people have. It's free, too, so it'd definitely be worth trying out.
Actually, I mentioned that I will be creating music, but not as many pieces as a typical NES game. This means that I'm not really creating (only) NES soundtracks, but small amounts of modern-quality music.
But when I create NES soundtracks, that app will help a lot. Thanks for telling me about it!

For the most part, I am planning to use FL Studio, a piece of software that no one knows about (sarcasm). What are your thoughts on using this app? Also, is it compatible with the Launchpad?

Thanks again
DatGameh is offline   Reply With Quote