Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 04:38 AM   #468 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Got some more comics.

A second helping of badass. Black Widow kicks the shit out of some more people, and a little bit of light is shed on her motivations. Just as good as the first. I don't want to spoil anything, but a russian guy may or may not get eaten by a lion in this issue.

Saw this at the store, and it caught my eye for obvious reasons. I wanted to like it, 'cause Xena, but it just didn't really come off as anything special to me. It might have helped if I'd read any of the previous Xena comics that have been put out over the years. Anyway, it was alright.

Heh. If you think the idea of evil leather-clad gimps getting smacked around by a super hero sounds hilarious, then this is the comic for you. Two issues in, and Mockingbird is still awesome. Still, I'm kinda bummed that there are only three issues left.

Oh man, this shit made me laugh so goddamn hard. Probably my favorite issue so far. Chock full of sight gags, and I loved all the digs about Casiolena being a bargain bin Enchantress.

I've been getting into Kate Bush a lot lately, so when I saw this, I did a double take. Apparently, Rock 'n Roll Comics was a series back in the '90s that made unauthorized comic book biographies based on the lives of musicians. I doubt that they're all that accurate, but I don't give that much of a shit as long as they're entertaining. And yeah, if this issue is any indication, they're entertaining. It's packed with references to her songs, music videos, and live/televised performances, and the art and writing aren't awful. Why didn't anyone tell me that this shit existed sooner?! There's even supposed to be an issue dedicated to the music scene of '60s San Francisco. That shit better have the Ace of Cups in it, if it doesn't want to end up as toilet paper!
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote