Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rock Album Survivor Reviews Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 09:24 AM   #48 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You vote based on whether an album suits whatever fascist specifications you have for a genre? Why don't you just vote for the better album so we don't have albums winning that are inferior, but just happen to sound more like what you think *genre x* should sound like?

The whole point of rock'n'roll was the raw, simple energy that it brought to music. Elvis may have have been a great performer, but the songs he performed in the early days were simply watered down versions of better music played by artists who couldn't get on the radio due to their skin color.

That situation is not the same as today. Black people today get a lot of airplay due to their influence on rock, blues, funk, soul, hip hop, jazz, pop, etc. Also, the vote is for the best rock and roll albums. So why would I vote for something that's not rock and roll? I'm not voting for Death's Symbolic on a smooth jazz list. And I'm not voting for an R&B album like The Animals on a rock and roll list.

Plus, if you're going to say "black people are better," you yourself are stereotyping Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly and the Crickets, Gene Vincent, early Rolling Stones, Roy Orbison, The Ventures, Johnny Cash, and The Everly Brothers.

Last edited by JGuy Grungeman; 04-15-2016 at 10:00 AM.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote