Music Banter - View Single Post - Eurovision 2016 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 01:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Default Dark Horse Entries

Here are a few entries that may not seem like winning material, but I believe could do surprisingly well at the contest in May.

Croatia returns to the contest this year with a risky entry. They submitted a folktronica type of song with a very unique vocalist.

The song itself has an almost Asian sound spliced with Balkan instruments. It's a very cool, different track that doesn't shock you in the studio, but done right on stage I think it could get a lot of attention. Good luck Nina!

Another surprising entry comes from Austria. Having won just two years ago, I think Austria is feeling a bit bolder to do something just for fun. To be honest, the entry is really well done and I think Zoe was a great choice amid a lot of dance ballads this year.

Loin d'ici should be a real breath of fresh air, and I will be very disappointed if it doesn't qualify for the final. I think it has a surprise factor and a decent chance!

My favorite dark horse of them all is Serbia, which hasn't received a lot of hype and hasn't really been talked about. Regardless, it's an incredible song that gives me chills every time.

I think the instrumental and the build up in this song is really unmatched this year at Eurovision. I also feel like the song has "it," a mix of something specific to the country, but accessible to a wider audience. I am very proud of Sanja, I think she is impressive. I hope this song gets the recognition it deserves at the show. But it'll hang on the backing track, backing vocals, live performance, and staging. Which we have no idea about yet! I can say that her band ZAA is a fantastic ska-reggae band and they put on a great live performance.

Best of luck to all my dark horses! I would be more than excited in any of these songs (but Austria is the least likely).

More to come!

Last edited by misspoptart; 04-20-2016 at 05:12 AM.
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote